What a Wonderful World

In this little but not small town, we - Burmese people are just a few but not far from each other. We always gather in weekend, enjoy each other cooking, sing Burmese songs aloud and share laughters out.  

Among all middle aged, I found my little friend as young as she is only 13. She is my swimming instructor and I’m her literature guide sometimes. Unlike other teens who make distance themselves from elders - tapping their hands and plugging their ears, she amazingly find her place to talk and argue with her parents. She always come and join to what we chatter – like classic music, movie and politics.

One day, she come and get me to listen one song from her ipod.
Mee Mee..

I was surprised when you come and get me this song. You are such a good girl. You always share me whenever you find something that I would probably love. What a coincidence! This is not only my favorite song but also spiritual one.


Listen !

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
And the dreams that you dreamed of
Once in a lullaby ii ii iii
Somewhere over the rainbow
Blue birds fly
And the dreams that you dreamed of
Dreams really do come true ooh ooooh



Everybody have their own dream(s).
I have. You too have. Your Mom have.. your Dad have.
No matter young or old… rich or poor.. healthy or needy.
Just dream of beautiful dream and believe that it will come true.

Look! I’ve been seeing such a lovely blue birds flying over the rainbow. One can imagine that how would it be breathtaking beauty of colors and nature.


Someday I'll wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me ee ee eeh
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney tops thats where you'll find me oh
Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly
And the dream that you dare to,why, oh why can't I? i iiii



Nothing can make a difference to its lovely lyrics. You like the one sung by Israel, fat guy. And I like the other one sang by Norah Johns, beautiful young lady. We argue each other over which is better and which one is original. But verses are still the same to touch our hearts. Isn’t it?

This song is in fact very very classic one, sung by many famous singers in their own version. Even Eric Clapton sang in blues version. But this ukulele melody version was first sung by Israel the Hawaiian you like. It could rather say Hawaiian version.



Whenever I listen this song to retreat from despair thoughts, I feel like I wish I could play my own ukulele. I’m holding this petite guitar , plucking its nylon strings diligently and elegantly. But I never wish to be upon a star.  I would rather follow the way guided by a star.

Sure is we all have someday gone and looking back this world from above, may be above from the chimney top.. Isn’t it?  Still, we could see blue birds , even their blue feathers are deeper than ever.

Hey please don’t think that I’m too much thinking and dreaming. I know you are not like other friends who always told me not to think too much. How we could possibly live on this wonderful world without thinking and mesmerizing its beauty.



Well I see trees of green and
Red roses too,
I'll watch them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Well I see skies of blue and I see clouds of white
And the brightness of day
I like the dark and I think to myself
What a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people passing by
I see friends shaking hands
Saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying, I...I love you
I hear babies cry and I watch them grow,
They'll learn much more
Than we'll know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world (w)oohoorld


My ukulele is made up of mahogany . LOOK ! What a splendid wooden brown one. The beach I stand firm is also shining like a mother of Pearls , backed and matched by Aqua blue Sea , seems like that would never end into the horizon. Instead it went fly up to the Sapphire blue sky.

 Let’s count the colors in the songs. Trees are green. Roses are Red. Skies are blue. Clouds are White - Silver white. But we shouldn’t forget the dark color too. The truth is that no color can be prettier without the sacrifice of black. Likewise, no liberation can be more valuable without the existences of troubles.

Just like all the colors ended up in the beautiful Rainbow, all the troubles will end up in discerning thoughts eventually. Yes.. there are many troubles out there.

Oh.. I almost forgot to tell you that this song was originally composed as a movie song for one little girl about you age. She had hurt by one house elder, scold her to find a place where she won't get herself into any trouble.

I know that you are smart little girl. You never make your mom feel bad and no body won’t get hurt you too. I wish I could have such a good girl in my own. I already have 4 wonderful nieces plus you. Oh.. it’s more than enough to say.. What a wonderful world. I did really watch them getting grow. Of course, I want all of my little loved ones to be smart, clever, intelligent and well behave.

Even If things doesn’t turn out to be and people turn down to me, I will still saying “ I love you” .

Let me imagine I’m in somewhere over the rainbow , seeing colors and beauty, saying 'How do you do' to everybody who come around and passing by.

Hrr .. What a wonderful world!  :)


Share/Bookmark

4 Comments:

emeraldthynn said...

That was truly fantastic and inspirational. Although I may not appear to cry on the outside; it doesn't mean that I'm not. That is a beautiful song isn't it? The original was sung in the Wizard of Oz by...I can vaguely remember her name. Anyway, at school we were asked to fill out questions about us. One of them asked us what colour best described us. Others chose their favourite colour. I can't say I wasn't about to either. But then I went deeper and thought about the colour that truly represented me. I chose black, for a reason that I cannot fathom. It asked me why I chose it, but I couldn't answer. I left it blank. And until this day, this hour, this minute, this second, I realised why I chose it. Some part of me knows, but I'll never be able to answer it.

ahphyulay said...

အင္း ..
သီခ်င္းေလးေတာ ့ၾကိဳက္သြားၿပီဗ်ာ...။

Moe Cho Thinn said...

I wish I could have that kind of little girl!
If so, what a wonderful world!

တန္ခူး said...

အသက္အရြယ္ ကြာျခားလဲ ခံစားခေက္ေလးေတြမွ်ေဝနိုင္ရင္ အေဖာ္ပဲေပါ့ ေက ေရ... အေဖာ္ေကာင္းရျခင္းဟာလဲ ကံေကာင္းျခင္း တမ်ိဳးပါပဲ

 
K